Monday, February 20, 2012

A LESSON IN HUMILITY

His name is Freedom and he is beautiful.

When he sees me he runs up and shows me every attention he can think of. He looks into my eyes and sees my heart. His whole body wags. He jumps around like hes just too excited to sit in one place. All is well on in the world when our dog loves me.

I feel totally enchanted and I tell my kid exactly that.

My kid says "don't get too big headed about all that love he's showing you Mommy. He also loves cat poop. And if he had to choose between it and you he'd take the cat poop".

"Of course" I say. "Yes." "You are right."
I felt the breeze when enchantment flew out the window.

I have never - until this moment - really and truely given any thought to how I stack up against cat poop and I am not liking it.

Round two: Cat poop-1, Me-0.

Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment